1. 4 Cups of Flour (All Purpose)
2. 1 Cup Warm Whole Milk
3. 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
4. 1/4 Cup Sugar
5. 1 Packet Dry Active Yeast
6. 1.5te Salt
7. 2 Eggs
8. Chocolate Spread/Chunks
CORGI BUTT BREAD: Now who does not like a little corgi butt? They are so BOOTILICIOUS and fluffy. Now imagine it as a bun. Did I also forget to mention it is chocolate stuffed buns?
Light soft airy, chocolate filled corgi butt buns now isn't that a great way to start the day.
Not to mention it is also a great way to get the kids involved. A fantastic date idea, nothing beats spending half a day in the kitchen making cute little butt butts and you get to enjoy them once they come out fresh from the oven.
Cooking with Ten
Serves:7 Time: 60 min
How to make some BUNSSSS
DOUGH BABY TIME
1. Warm up 1 a cup of whole milk and combine with 1 cup of warm water, 1/4 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of sugar (Food for the yeast). Mix till well combined.
2. Add in a packet of dry active yeast (7g) and let it bloom for about 5-10 minutes (Come to life) It should look like a yellow swamp as shown below.
3. In a large bowl combine 4 cups of all purpose flower and 1.5te of salt and give it a good mix together.
4. Add in 1 egg to your yeast mixture and mix well.
5. Slowly drizzle your yeast mixture into the flour and mix till a shaggy dough forms. Turn out onto a work surface and begin to kneed till a smooth subtle dough forms. Should take 10-15 minutes of kneading (GOOD ARM WORKOUT).
6. It is done when no dough sticks to your hands and when you poke it, the dough should bounce back.
7. Gently oil a bowl and place your little dough baby inside and cover with cling film and allow to rise in a warm place till double in size. Should take an hour. After an hour you should have a nice big dough as shown below.
TIME TO MAKE THEM BUNS (See Blueprints below)
1.It is time to do some maths. PUNCH the air out of the dough and roll it back into a ball. Cut it into HALF.
2. Now cut each half into half again. You should have 4 pieces of dough now.
3. Roll each piece of dough into balls again and half it once more. Now you have 8 Pieces of Dough.
4. Repeat step 3 and now you have 16 balls of dough. Place 14 of them back into the bowl and cover with cling wrap so they don't DRY out.
5. With those 2 balls of dough divide and shape them equally into 7 pairs of legs and 7 little tails. Cover with cling film once done.
6. Now with the 14 balls you have left slowly stretch 1 out to a diameter of 10cm and drop 1te of chocolate spread or 1 block of chocolate and slowly pinch the edges together to seal it up.
7. Once sealed up slowly begin to shape your bun. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cover with cling wrap.
8. Repeat with the rest of the buns till they are all filled with lovely chocolate.
9. Start to form the little corgi by joining 2 bum bums together then the 2 legs and the little tail. A diagram of it can be seen below.
10. Cover with cling film and let it proof for 30 minutes in a warm place.
THE FINAL STEP
1. Preheat your oven to 160˚C
2. Beat 1 up and liberally brush your buns with the egg mixture. This gives them the golden shine that we are looking for.
3. Place your buns on a baking tray lined with baking paper and into the oven for 15-20 minutes till lovely golden brown.
4. Using a chop stick or your preferred tool and start to draw little paws using chocolate spread or some melted chocolate. (mix some chocolate with a bit of butter and melt together).
EXTRA: Enjoy the lovely bun bun and show off. A great meal for kids for breakfast, tea or just a snack. Fill it up with whatever you want, peanut butter, lotus spread, red bean, whatever you want.